Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there owns/runs a wireless network at there home ever have something like this happen--

Everything is fine..and all of a sudden the wireless router won't hand out LAN IP #s to any of the machines---either wireless-ly or hardwired to the router. Any thoughts ideas???--connected to a cable modem, no loss of power---but a reset of the router is needed to get it back thinkin again, mild annoyance-but it's the principle I say (or is it -pal).

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Room 1201 said:
Anyone out there owns/runs a wireless network at there home ever have something like this happen--

Everything is fine..and all of a sudden the wireless router won't hand out LAN IP #s to any of the machines---either wireless-ly or hardwired to the router. Any thoughts ideas???--connected to a cable modem, no loss of power---but a reset of the router is needed to get it back thinkin again, mild annoyance-but it's the principle I say (or is it -pal).
Violin interference.

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
Have you updated the firmware on the router to the most recent version?

It almost sounds like the router is handing out a new IP every time you fire up a computer, and those IPs are not expiring, and eventually you run out of IPs... your router gets "full" in other words.

That would explain it, but I have no idea how it would happen.

Check your router settings, look for how many IPs are allowed, and how long assigned IPs last before they expire.

Just a WAG, because I am not a networking wizard.

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
il sogno said:
Really Room, have you thought of switching to gut strings? I hope you're not playing Perlons. ;)
Gut would be a royal PITA considering the weather changes that my fiddle puts up with on a dailybasis (warm apartment, 20 min. walk to a bus stop up in NY & like that etc.)--currently I'm trying a set of Infeld-blues, sound quite nice on my instrument...way better than [email protected] or Pirazzi(s):)

-I don't **think** my playing is causing my router to crash...although considering how that fugue sounds....:rolleyes::eek::p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts