Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So, I need a new lunch box. Something with a decent size but not too big. Think sandwich and some vegetables. It would be great if it stayed cold as some of the clinics don't have a fridge for me.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
From Target, and only 8.99!

·
Noob as per thread 227982
162 Posts
I use something very similar to this. Keeps stuff cool plus the hard plastic bucket liner keeps my bungees from crushing my lunch when I ride to work and makes it easy to keep clean.

·
your text here
13,192 Posts
this was all the rage when i was in elementary.
my sister and i found it at farm and fleet, but it took 35 minutes to convince my folks. they were looking for the new thermos that had the flip top. we tried to show them this one had it, but they wouldnt listen.

i also had this one, but on the side it had a picture of the creepy alien. it gave me nightmares:

but this was my favorite:

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Lunch is over rated. Eat some bacon and eggs for breakfast and you can skip lunch.

·
2 busy workin' 2 hang out
12,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MikeBiker said:
Lunch is over rated. Eat some bacon and eggs for breakfast and you can skip lunch.
Well, I'm typically eating breakfast at 5:15 and lunch at 12 after running around the hospital. Just can't make it on bf alone.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Silly Henry. He actually thought he'd get a serious answer here..... :D :D

·
Custom User Title
760 Posts

I found this while looking for a pic of my Voltron lunch box, that was never filled with lunch, but instead filled with motors, gears, batteries, and other electrical parts.

That Planet of the Apes box is the holy grail.

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Make sure that any lunch box that you get is carbon fiber. I've heard that Trek makes good lunch boxes.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Skip the lunch box and just go out to lunch somewhere. I used to have lunch with a retired dean of the Johns Hopkins Medical School (before he died at the age of 100). He claimed that the decline of the medical profession (and civilization) was caused by people eating in their labs or at their desks. He was especially distraught about the fact that no one went to the "doctor's dining room" at Hopkins any more. He thought that great discoveries in medicine were being lost because people from different disciplines no longer were trading ideas at the lunch table.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts