Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement tube for my camelback bladder?
I need just the tube from the bladder to the bitevalve.
I know you can buy replacement bladders and new bitevalves, but my tube got all icky (it's now stored in the freezer on some recommendations I got off RBR) and I want to replace just the tube. No amount of scrubbing or soaking will get it clean.
The rest of the stuff is fine, I just can't seem to find tubing.
Thanks!
Regina

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
You can get tubing at hardware stores too but I'm not sure what type of material it should be made of to get optimal flex and no taste transfer.

If you have access to a Cole-Parmer catalogue (there's probably one online) you should look into Tygon brand tubing. We use it in our lab for all sorts of stuff since its inert etc.

Either of these places will probably be waaaay cheaper on a per-foot basis but you may end up buying 10 feet of hose.

·
Banned
6,492 Posts
Most hardware stores carry clear vinyl tubing....

...in a range of diameters, and it's cheap, 15 cents or so a foot. Check the label (on the reel, generally) to be sure it's safe to drink from. I bought 15 feet of half-inch the other day for less than three bucks to use as level when I was building a fence (if you fill it with water and hold the ends where you want to mark, the meniscus on each end will be at the same level. See the things you can learn from a bike website?).

·
Shirtcocker
60,886 Posts
Cory said:
...in a range of diameters, and it's cheap, 15 cents or so a foot. Check the label (on the reel, generally) to be sure it's safe to drink from. I bought 15 feet of half-inch the other day for less than three bucks to use as level when I was building a fence (if you fill it with water and hold the ends where you want to mark, the meniscus on each end will be at the same level. See the things you can learn from a bike website?).
Why not just buy a cheap bubble level?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!

Thanks everyone.
I'll check hardware stores and scan the web for that catalog site. I'll be at a lab today so I'll see what they have in supply tubing. Nalgene certainly Is known there, so it makes sense.
Since it's not critical at this point, I feel it's okay to browse other, cheaper, options vs. the money spent at REI on a new valve/tube combo.
I know RBR would be the place for useful, creative solutions. Thanks again!
Regina

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.