Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Ron&Fez XM202/Sirius197
485 Posts
I use them. The cap fits the polar insulated bottles as well. That's the perfect setup if you ask me........use the search, was a detailed disscusion on the CB bottles.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 2 of them I take on my rides. At 24oz a piece and having 2, they are perfect for the 20-50 mile ride. They are nice and tight in the cages and you don't have to open of close anything. Just spin the top to adjust flow before your ride. Mine are always open to the largest position. Just put in your mouth and squeeze or suck on it. No spills.
Another thing, is there is no plastic after taste like some bottles.
I recommend them for the extra cost.

·
Registered
177 Posts
An annoying problem with my regular bottles is that they tend to "spit" contents all over the bike when I hit bumps etc. as the fluids get forced into the mouth of the container. I'm not talking about a lot of spray. Just enough to make things get somewhat sticky. Is it the case that the podium bottle mouth stops this from happening?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thirstyman- I was having the same problem, water bozzles oozing liquid while riding and getting the frame sticky. I recently switched to the podium water bottles and the problem has dissapeared. I havent seen one drop spilled and Ive been using them for around 500 miles now. Highly recommended. And the pretty blue one matches my bike.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thirstyman said:
An annoying problem with my regular bottles is that they tend to "spit" contents all over the bike when I hit bumps etc. as the fluids get forced into the mouth of the container. I'm not talking about a lot of spray. Just enough to make things get somewhat sticky. Is it the case that the podium bottle mouth stops this from happening?
No spray or spilling, the valve is very similar to a sip tube on a Camelbak.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have 2, they work great I think I paid $8 for each of them at REI. I keep them open all the time and nothing comes out of them.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Simple solution...

thirstyman said:
Simple solution. Put water in your water bottles, no sticky. Problem solved.

·
Registered
441 Posts
frank418 said:
Hi all ! camelbak.com has come out with a new water bottle called the " podium " has anyone used or try this bottle
I have two, and will be buying more. They do not drip all over everything, and I like the fact that I can close them and not worry about spillage when they are backed in a bag while travelling. I will be ordering more.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Can someone who currently owns a podium bottle measure its height for me? I ride small frames, and some 24 oz. bottles don't fit in the seat tube cage. I've got some ordered, but sure would like to know if they'll work for me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Becky said:
Can someone who currently owns a podium bottle measure its height for me? I ride small frames, and some 24 oz. bottles don't fit in the seat tube cage. I've got some ordered, but sure would like to know if they'll work for me.

Thanks!
My 24oz Podium bottle measures out at aprox 234 mm from the base to the top of the nipple. Width at the base is aprox 70mm. Hope this helps you.:)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.