Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone help in identification of campag cassette and chain?
How do you tell one Campag 10 sp cassette from another? How can you identify a campag chain? ...may sound simple questions, but I'm stumped

:confused:

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
???

They are all interchangeable, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you want to buy something new and don't know what to buy? All new chains are the ultra narrow variety (UN). The cogs are all steel until you get to Record, that has four Ti cogs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your response C-40.. the problem is that I am attempting to identify EXACTLY what I have.... Is the cassette Record, Mirage, Veloce?? Do the chains carry any identifying marks?
All that I know is that the cassette is 10 sp Campagnolo and the chain is 10 sp Compatible

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
Ok...

Campy UN chains have CC stamped into the sides. The lowest level cogs will all be separate. Centaur has two cogs on a carrier, Chorus has two pairs on carriers and Record has four Ti cogs on two carriers.

Unless someone is trying to sell you something that might not be what's claimed, I still don't get it. Unlike some other brands, their is no quality or longevity downgrade on the cheaper parts. They are just heavier.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Unlike Shimano there are no marking on the Campy chains to indicate which model they are. The Campag website shows the different levels of chain and you can see the differences:

Record: (hollow pins and relieved links)

Chorus: (solid pins, relieved links)

Veloce and below: (solid)

Cassettes are as C40 noted....also Veloce has a blue spacer in the center, Centuar a yellow one...Chorus and Record have no coloured spacer so you need to look a bit closer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.