Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
bane said:
I'm not surprised that they do offer sram/shimano.

I am surprised that they DON'T offer campy. That's just weird.
Why would they?

Elektra designed it for their bikes. They run shimano drivetrains. Thus, shimano compatibility. Plus, you get shimano/sram compatibility with one freehub body. They'd have to make another one for campy. That's more expensive.

If they take off, really fly off the shelves, I'd bet they introduce a campy version.

Me, I'm interested in those TA crank knockoffs... If they've found some way to get around the TA cranks inherent flaws- chainrings that bend and ridiculously high prices -I'd be all over them.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
buck-50 said:
Why would they?

Elektra designed it for their bikes. They run shimano drivetrains. Thus, shimano compatibility. Plus, you get shimano/sram compatibility with one freehub body. They'd have to make another one for campy. That's more expensive.

If they take off, really fly off the shelves, I'd bet they introduce a campy version.

Me, I'm interested in those TA crank knockoffs... If they've found some way to get around the TA cranks inherent flaws- chainrings that bend and ridiculously high prices -I'd be all over them.

I was confused that it was an 'electra' named campy component... so if electra bike is making 'em, are they really campy???

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
FatTireFred said:
I was confused that it was an 'electra' named campy component... so if electra bike is making 'em, are they really campy???
Nope, I guess you could call them Campy inspired neo retro, or something like that.

I don't think they've set a price yet, either.

·
Banned
7,071 Posts
FatTireFred said:
Not campy- also, not TA cranks, not VO constructeur racks and not Honjo fenders... But they're all real purty copies.

They've pretty much taken VO's MO of making inexpensive copies of vintage bits and run with it.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,565 Posts
They look like they have the "small spline", so they should be good for both.

·
No Crybabies
11,684 Posts
vice versa?

Don't see any Campy parts made to look like Shimano parts now, do you? :)

·
Registered
2,472 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
They are not out and there is no price as far as I know. I work at a bike shop that is an Electra dealer. The Electra rep came in the other day I and I asked him about prices and availability. He had nothing even on the prices.

As for the Shimano splined vs. Campagnolo splined rear hub which is more common? Even in the pro Peloton SRAM and Shimano are everywhere with a handful of teams running Campagnolo.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
will they break like NRs?

seems like the copy ed failed:
  • 144BCD spider
  • Fits JIS square taper bottom brackets, 110bcd

·
Registered
77 Posts
$300

DannyBoy said:
Aaargghh, can't find anything much out about these, in production yet? Cost??
Now available through electra.com. Don't click on hubs, use the link for "Ticino Parts Collection".

$300, wow! I was thinking of using a pair of these to build some NOS high polish FiR tubulars I've got hanging around. At $300, I might pass despite the obvious beauty.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,761 Posts
vxpro said:
While we are on the subject of Campy replicas, has anyone seen the NR crank copy from IRD? I have no idea on price but it seems to me there is a market for them, especially with the growing fixie culture. Hopefully, the attachment feature will work.
Otherwise, see here:
http://www.interlocracing.com/cranks.html
Wow, those are nice...too bad they don't offer 175mm, I'd ditch the Omniums for a set of those.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.