Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Inching to 1000 (again)
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Campy Chorus 11 speed manual front derailleur with a little metal finger which covers the limit adjuster screws. What's the purpose? To prevent the screws from moving?

·
Registered
21,466 Posts
I have a Campy Chorus 11 speed manual front derailleur with a little metal finger which covers the limit adjuster screws. What's the purpose? To prevent the screws from moving?
The one you have covers the limit screws because it is turned away from to seat tube. It is to stabilize the unit against the seat tube, and it is pretty much non-functional IMO.

·
Inching to 1000 (again)
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Kerry. Sort of makes sense. So to be set properly, the finger would rest against the tube? Seems like a good way to scrape the paint off of the seat tube. I will, however, rotate it to uncover the screws so I can adjust them more easily.

·
Registered
21,466 Posts
Thanks, Kerry. Sort of makes sense. So to be set properly, the finger would rest against the tube? Seems like a good way to scrape the paint off of the seat tube. I will, however, rotate it to uncover the screws so I can adjust them more easily.
Realistically you can position it anywhere you want because I can't see that it does anything once you have your derailleur properly installed/aligned. I leave mine on because otherwise it would leave a hole in the derailleur body that would fill with dirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts