Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always like the look of Campagnolo Record/Chorus alloy cranks of the early 2000s, but the bottom brackets are getting harder to find, does Shimano bottom bracket work?

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,895 Posts
No it doesn't. Taper is different.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
No problem doing that, except that on identical-length Shimano spindles, the Campy crank will wind up further away from the frame than a Shimano crank would. The taper angle of both Shimano and Campy square taper BB spindles is identical.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Record crank on a DA BB and it is fine. The original owner of the crank did this so that crank will always have to be on the wrong BB as I believe once this blunder happens you are stuck.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,419 Posts
Holy Crap, Chorus 102's are $150 now and Record is $199

I bought a Chorus 102, 6 or 7 years ago for $50 retail.......What a rip off.

Phil's are $110, but you have to buy $30 cups, and the special Phil tool.

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
easy to find...

mrbubbles said:
I always like the look of Campagnolo Record/Chorus alloy cranks of the early 2000s, but the bottom brackets are getting harder to find, does Shimano bottom bracket work?
The BBs are readily available and reasonably priced, if you know where to look. For those who have bee asleep for the last two years, the price of everything Campy has increased greatly, since the 2009+ parts came out, but only if you buy from US sources. Buy from Europe for a lot less. I buy enough chains, cables and tires and tires to last for 2-3 years, when I order from Ribble.

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-track-bike/Bottom-Brackets-Road/BTBR

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,419 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
J&B stocks a "housebrand" Origin8 ISO square taper in 102, 111, and 115mm spindle lengths. As far as I know, they are made in Taiwan by Token. We installed a 102 for a customer with a Record square taper and it was remarkably smooth. No, it's not a Campy, but for $40 retail it's a good buy.

Unfortunately, they're English thread only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts