Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings more knowledgeable people than I. I am in the process of building up an early 80's Rossin Super Record. Before I proceed with buying the cranks (which I would prefer to avoid), I was hoping to identify this set I have in pics related.

The crank arms have the shields located near the bolt holes to the bottom bracket. Also, these are non-fluted on the arms AND spider, but share similar geometry & hard edges to fluted Record cranks. Additionally, the date stamp places them around 1984. Lastly they are 110 BCD, indicating a 'compact' chain ring size. Hope that helps you help me figure out what I've got! Cheers!

Metal Musical instrument accessory Iron Steel Tool Musical instrument accessory Tool Household hardware Steel Wrench Iron Metal Circle Symmetry Still life photography

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I'd agree - they are Triomphe. Based on the flare to the ends of the spider arms.

Victory cranks used a 7mm self-extracting bolt. Triomphe was one level lower and had screw-on dust caps over a normal bolt.

I remember a weird BCD and it's not 110 it's 116mm. An early attempt at a compact crankset. Campy advertised it as a "leisure" group with easier gearing. Multitude of chainrings from 35T to 53T available.

All in the 1985 catalog.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Brings back great memories of my first "real" road bike, a '86 Gitane Victory. It's definitely either Victory or Triomphe.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
From the 1985 catalog. Victory on the left, Triomphe on the right. Note the shape of the spider arms.

Metal Gear Steel Grey Iron

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...awesome, to all that have replied, thank you very much. That page provided is incredibly useful. I've got three separate Campagnolo Strada Super Record (1049/A) drive side crank arms in various lengths, so I'll just pick up a non-drive side arm and go that route instead, since the frame I am building originally came with the super record group. Thanks again!

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,806 Posts
Let us know (and post pics) of the Rossin when done. The Record is on my list of "like to have" bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts