Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Campagnolo ergopower 9s, and I wont buy Ultegra cassette 9s. It's compatible?
Shimano 9s have more narrow distance ring than Campagnolo 9s.
My friend have this set, but I don't now how this act.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,566 Posts
Campy 9 will work reasonably well with a Shimano 9 wheel. You need to center the rear D on cog #4 or 5 instead of cog #2, otherwise your shifting will be crappy in the "big" cogs.

·
Old, slow, and fat.
3,897 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
Campy 9 will work reasonably well with a Shimano 9 wheel. You need to center the rear D on cog #4 or 5 instead of cog #2, otherwise your shifting will be crappy in the "big" cogs.
C10 works well* with S9 cogs. I've done it for a buddy's bike before.

I'm still wating to hear if C10 shifts S10 cassettes. While I don't have an many wheels to change over, I do still have two pair! Them hubs, then cassettes get spendy!

HTH,

M

*as long as you've got a C10 driveline except for the cassette

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've done it, no problems for me

9sp Ergo with SRAM (Schimano compatable)cassette. No problems. I just set the high and low stops then played with the barrell adjuster until it shifted right. No problems, shifts great and I have not had to adjust it since. This is on a cross bike that gets raced and used on the road.

Derf

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
My commuter is 9s Chorus ergo, FD, and RD. My wheelset has Ultegra hubs with a nine speed SRAM cassette. I have used a shimaNo cassette as well. I put almost 8000 miles on this combo last year. Mr G is right about centering the center cog on the setup. IMHO, the SRAM cassettes work better for whatever reason. They are cheaper too. I also use SRAM 950 chains. I had the nine speed stuff laying around after I upgraded to 10 speed plus I like the "no cables" look for my headlight.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Ditto Bigbill and Mr Grumpy

I have Veloce 9 on one of my bikes, but a set of DuraAce/Open Pros. I typically run a Shimano 9 chain and either an SRAM or Ultegra cassette. You do need to adjust the barrel adjuster more on the 4th or 5th cog as their is a slight difference, but otherwise it shifts great and is very quiet.

I did it for convenience at first (had the wheels, etc.), and though I have thought a few times about changing it out it has worked so well there has not been a reason. Besides, Ultegra and SRAM cassettes and chains for 9 speed are dirt cheap compared to Campy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.