Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Climbin' Clyde
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Swapped wheels from Fulcrums to Zipp 101's, and now my Campy Chorus RD cage is lightly brushing against my spokes in the top cog, a 39/27 combo. On the work stand, it looks like there is a hair of clearance, but maybe my mighty torque is enough to make it sing.

Does Campy make a spacer, a la the Shimano 9/10 speed one, to bump the cassette out a bit? I dialed out the cage as far as it can go - while still shifting well. Thanks for any 4-1-1

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
I belatedly bought the Park hanger tool and discovered that at least 1/2 of my bikes were significantly in need of alignment. I have all Campy bikes, and some that are pretty close, but none that need a spacer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently put a Record11 cassette on a set of Bontrager race XXX lites, and the chain ended up kissing the spokes. My shop found a spacer from a set of American Classic wheels which worked.

·
Climbin' Clyde
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...and the Answer is:

Took my bike into the LBS. Quick check by the mech revealed two things: first - derailleur hanger was a tad out of true, but the big deal was that my near-new Zipp 101's were ~3mm out of dish :blush2:. The shop tightened the non-drive side spokes and pulled the rim back to center, solving the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.