Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
leon2982
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having a hard time getting a 2007 Record Titanium rear brake to behave. I've tried several different length external housing. The problem is the lever doesn't snap back all the way. I can manually move the lever back to the start position; it doesn't go all the way back on its own and the brake doesn't open all the way until I manually bring the lever back to the normal starting position. I confirmed there is no binding; both internal and external cabling is new. The brakes seems to work freely without a cable attached. It sure looks like it's a problem with the length of the rear external cable length. But I've measured and cut lots of rear brake cable housings and never had it this bad before. Comments, suggestions?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

Unless the large spring that opens the calipers is defective, you must have binding somewhere. Campy rear brakes are not sensitive to cable housing length.

·
leon2982
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm thinking along those same lines. I have one of these brakes on the rear of my TT bike. I'm going to swap it out and compare the two. Thanks for confirmation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts