Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm upgrading my 9 speed Campagnolo setup to 10 speed. Before I decide to go for the Ultrashift levers can anyone tell me if they've altered the distance between the bars and the brake levers. I've got small hands and can just reach the old style levers. If they've increased the reach on the Ultrashift, I'll have to think again and opt for the older style before the stocks run out.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
shorter reach....

The reach to the brake levers from the hooks is slightly less, but only a few millimeters. I have used a simple modification to the ergo lever body that can reduce the reach to the brake lever by a great deal more, if desired. I can e-mail the details, if you want them.

The reach of the brake hoods has been increased by 3-5mm. I've converted three bikes and not needed shorter stems.

The picture shows a new ultrashift lever with the brake lever reach modification. Note the small amount of epoxy putty, right behind the quick release pin.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C-40 Thanks for the quick reply. :thumbsup: Ultrashift it is then and I'm sure that even a couple of mm will help with the reach. If not, I'll get the epoxy ready.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.