Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's comments like 'Got Time' made that make me wonder at times, why do I continue to post here.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,933 Posts
Not without a Shiftmate, and even then I don't think the newer 11 speed RD would work. They changed the geometry of the RD. Maybe if you fudged the attachment point for the cable...

Scratch that, check over on weight weenies, apparently it works...

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
The 11-speed RD for Chorus and up changed for 2015. 11-speed has been around since 2009.

I have proved to my satisfaction that a 2009-2014 11-speed RD has the same actuation ratio as any 10-speed RD. Cannot speak for the current design, although I'm always sceptical of Campy's suggestions of incompatibility.

Perhaps if you were more forthcoming and detailed in your original question, there might have been better answers.

·
Vermonter
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 11-speed RD for Chorus and up changed for 2015. 11-speed has been around since 2009.

I have proved to my satisfaction that a 2009-2014 11-speed RD has the same actuation ratio as any 10-speed RD. Cannot speak for the current design, although I'm always sceptical of Campy's suggestions of incompatibility.

Perhaps if you were more forthcoming and detailed in your original question, there might have been better answers.
Point taken, thank you. A quick question while I'm here. I just ordered a 10 speed replacement link (CN-RE400) and each one I saw had solid connecting pins. Do they make any with hollow pins similar to record chains?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
IMO quicklinks as made by Wipperman, KMC, SRAM etc are an easier and more foolproof solution.

I'm not aware of any connecting methods that use hollow pins.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Pre 2015 Campagnolo 11 speed Ultrashift is compatible with any 10 speed rear derailleur and newere type 9 speed rear derailleurs.

On my second bike I installed "budget" 11 speed setup consistig of:
- 11 speed Chorus pre 2015 Ultrashift Ergo
- 10 speed veloce UltraTorque compact crankset
- 11 speed Chorus pre 2015 front derailleur
- 9 speed Xenon medium cage rear derailleur
- 11 speed Shimano 105 cassette 11-32
- 11 speed Chorus chain
- Veloce brakes

I highly reccomend to save some money:
- use Shimano 105 cassette (cost 35 EUR vs 110 EUR for Chorus)
- use cheapest Veloce rear derailleurs (cheapest alu rear der, xenon is plastic so I dont reccommend)
- use 35 EUR Veloce brakes or similar (no need for expensive Skeletons)
- use cheapest Ultra Torque cranks you can find, no matter 10 or 11 speed. Veloce and Centaur in Ultra Torque can still be found. don't fall for PowerTorque or OverTorque.
- use cheapest Ultra Shift ergo. Don't buy PowerShift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts