Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm camping in Stanislaus National Forest near Ebbetts Pass (Bloods Creek) and should have a chance to get a ride in.

However, I'm a crappy climber and descender and will be riding by myself, so I'm looking for relatively sane rides. I'm willing to drive a while to find something not epic (i.e. I'm not interested in any of the Death Ride routes) that I can handle. Anything in the eastern Sierras? Or should I leave my bike home?

Thanks

·
Registered
495 Posts
Not sure if you went camping yet... either be prepared to drive a long way or leave the bike at home if you don't want to climb. I live in Sonora which is one pass south and we basically have the same terrain. I don't think you could get 5 miles of flat road in my entire county if you laid it all in a row. You learn to like hills up here. I can't imagine riding flat valley roads all the time... boring. I think my typical easy ride is 4-5k climbing and can easily do 10k climbing in 50-60 miles.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sub said:
Not sure if you went camping yet... either be prepared to drive a long way or leave the bike at home if you don't want to climb. I live in Sonora which is one pass south and we basically have the same terrain. I don't think you could get 5 miles of flat road in my entire county if you laid it all in a row. You learn to like hills up here. I can't imagine riding flat valley roads all the time... boring. I think my typical easy ride is 4-5k climbing and can easily do 10k climbing in 50-60 miles.
I did it a couple of weeks ago. I'll bring the bike next time to ride Highway 4-the sections I saw I can probably handle. Thanks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.