Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've swithcing to Campy and have never used a campy chain... (always had issues setting apin in shimano, so i switched to sram and the power link)... is there anyting equivalent to a powerlink for campy so that I can easily remove the chain for cleaning etc.... does wipperman work on campy? thanks for any info.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
wipperman works...

Try a search next time. This question has been covered many times. Which connex link to use depends on whether you have the 2006 ultra narrow or the older version of the chain. The campy compatible link works on the olds chain, but it's too wide for good fit on the ultra narrow chain. The shimano version of the link will be abette fit on the narrow version, but I can't yet tell you how precise the fit is.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
Wipperman works well

bikerboy337 said:
So i've swithcing to Campy and have never used a campy chain... (always had issues setting apin in shimano, so i switched to sram and the power link)... is there anyting equivalent to a powerlink for campy so that I can easily remove the chain for cleaning etc.... does wipperman work on campy? thanks for any info.
You could get a Campy chain and a Wipperman link, but now there is ambiguity in which link to use because the 2006 version of the Campy chains are slightly more narrow. I did read one account of someone using a 2006 Record chain with the Shimano version of the Wipperman link. C-40 reported that the 2006 Record chain with the Campy Wipperman link is a sloppy fit.

I just skip all of this and use a Wipperman chain. I get excellent mileage out of the stainless 10X1 version. Yes, they are more expensive but they wear well. I came to Campy about 2 years ago, after many years of Shimano with SRAM Powerlink chains. I have no complaints with the Wipperman.

At some point, SRAM will release its 10spd chain. Hopefully it will be of the same quality as the 8/9 speed chains and cheaper than Wipperman.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Like the Wipperman, just noisy

I rode a Connex 10 on my Campy drivetrain and it was just TOO noisy for me. I switched to a Record chain with the Connex link and it was quiet as a mouse. I ride the regular width Record 10 chains, and the Connex link is a good fit. There is a slight click as it goes through the rear derailleur, but nothing much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts