Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question but since I'm not Campy savvy, I've got to ask. Are all Campy 10 speed cassettes interchangeable? Record, Centaur, Chorus, Veloce?

Also, has anyone used a conversion cassette? Ultegra cogs spaced for Campy 10 speed RD. If so, does it work well?

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
All the Campagnolo 10 speed are compatible.
Differences between the models are about materials/weight/cost.

However there are evolutions on the 10 speed models that improved the shifting (ultra drive) but remained compatible with older models.

I have used the Miche conversion cassettes and they were heavy but functional, i'd say they are veloce level, the alignment is not the same as a real Campagnolo though, you may need spacers to be able to swap wheels without realigning your rear derailer.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All the Campagnolo 10 speed are compatible.
Differences between the models are about materials/weight/cost.

However there are evolutions on the 10 speed models that improved the shifting (ultra drive) but remained compatible with older models.

I have used the Miche conversion cassettes and they were heavy but functional, i'd say they are veloce level, the alignment is not the same as a real Campagnolo though, you may need spacers to be able to swap wheels without realigning your rear derailer.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Thanks for the response, that's the info I needed.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a few rear wheels with both the American Classic and Wheels Manufacturing 10sp conversion cassettes (the hubs are 8sp Dura Ace and 9sp Ultegra hubs). The conversion cassettes I have work great. I also have rear wheels with Campy hubs and Campy cassettes.

The wheels with the conversion cassettes may require a slight adjustment (usually just adjusting the cable tension a little) when swapping with the Campy wheels, but once adjusted they shift just fine. My Campy wheels are what I use most of the time - the conversion cassette wheels are just backups now (but they were handy when I first made the switch from Shimano 9sp to Campy 10sp).

·
Pathlete and Pedalphile
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my issue resolved. I was looking for an inexpensive set of wheels to replace the trashed Mavic's on a friends bike. Couldn't find anything decent until I sent John at Neuvation an email. He set me up with a set that has a Campy freehub. Can't say enough about John and Neuvation, the best customer service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.