Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shut up legs!
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Campy 10spd Ergopower shifters + Campy RD work with Sram Red Cassette?

Will Campy 10spd Ergopower shifters + Campy RD be compatible with Sram Red cassette?

I have a Sram Red equip bike, but am thinking of changing to Campy. If I could avoid having to change the wheels or freehub to Campy and keep my current Sram Red cassette/wheel setup would be awesome.

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
nope...

SRAM/Shimano cogs spacing is 3.95mm and Campy is 4.15mm. Although some people use this mismatched setup, the Campy RD will over travel and require much more careful adjustment, just to limit the misalignment to about 20% at both ends of the cassette.

You could use a J-tek shiftmate to eliminate the overtravel, then it would work better.

Depending on the brand of wheel, the cassette body change might be the smarter approach. Genuine Shimano wheels can't be converted.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My plan is to switch the freehub body on my Amclassic wheelset so I can run Record 11 on it.

If you are running 10spd Campy there are some 'conversion cassettes' out there. I've never tried one as I am on 11spd now, but they are available for 10spd Campy drivetrain. Basically it's a Shimano/SRAM splined cogset with Campy spacing etc. American Classic makes one, I think Wheels Manufacturing may also make one. Again, no experience with these but they are out there and may be an alternative to swapping the freehub body.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts