Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing new F&R brake cables on my F8 with OEM Campy cables. The only problem I'm having is installing the supplied 5mm ferrules over the 5mm brake cable housing, the don't fit (yes I've checked that I'm using the correct ferrule size) they are sooo close but won'y fit without possibly messing up casing. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
You mean that the ferrules came with the Campy cable set? Could you detail the full ferrule list that came with it?

(it's been a week since we had a good ferrule discussion)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they did, the set was comprised of: 2-brake cables, 2-5mm brake cable housing and 4-5mm ferrules.
I gave the shifter cables, housing and ferrules to a friend that runs mechanical campy S/R the believe the housing and ferrules were 4.1mm.
You could differently tell the difference in size between the brake and shifter pieces and parts.

·
Registered
427 Posts
(it's been a week since we had a good ferrule discussion)
This is true!! :)

And I believe in that last ferrule discussion there was near consensus that Campy cables do NOT come with brake ferrules. So to the OP: I wonder if you are mistaking the derailleur ferrules that Campy included for brake ferrules that they did not include? That would explain why they don't fit.

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
This is true!! :)

And I believe in that last ferrule discussion there was near consensus that Campy cables do NOT come with brake ferrules. So to the OP: I wonder if you are mistaking the derailleur ferrules that Campy included for brake ferrules that they did not include? That would explain why they don't fit.
Perhaps someone at Campy read that last thread and they now include brake ferrules after at least 20 years of not doing it. :D

OP we're not taking the pi$$. You would have to read through the last thread to understand.

Anyway here is a current ad for Campy cables from Merlin. No brake ferrules.

Line Parallel Airplane Aircraft Flight

Campagnolo Ultra-Shift & Power-Shift Cable Set available in three colours.
The Campagnolo Ultra Shift & Power-Shift Ergopower cable sets are perfect all your Campagnolo equipment.
Pack comprises inner wires and outer cables, brake and gear.
Ultra low friction brake cable casings and stainless steel inner brake wires.
Outer end caps for shift cables
Also suitable for 11x systems
http://https://www.merlincycles.com/campagnolo-ultra-shift-power-shift-cable-set-58397.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know what you have received or where you received them from, but what I stated is what is in the unopened campagnolo cable set "Campagnolo Ergopower Ultra Low Friction Cable and Housing Set".
Called the supplier he gave me a tip, use a little mineral oil (tip of a tooth pick) on the housing and it went on very snug...done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts