Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts

·
Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,438 Posts
Wow. I don't even own any campy and I'm thinking of buying these "just because" they're so damn cheap for the parts bin.

The Athena carbon crankset (compact) is also on sale for $199.95

mmmm... shifters and crankset for 300 bucks is a steal right now for 11 speed.

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal!
I wonder if I could use them on a 10 or 9 speed drive-trains Campy or Shimano ?
Word on the street is that the 11speed Campy will drive 9speed Shimano... although I'm not sure if it will work as well as the 10speed Campy driving 8speed Shimano (or 9speed via "hubbub" method of alt. cable).

I ordered a set to use on my Trek 520 running 105 9speed so I'll report back once I've got it set up (although the deal might be gone by then *shrugs*).

not easily/well

anyone know if they come with a full cable set? that's a $40+ value right there!
Looks like it includes the cables but not the housing...

Wow. I don't even own any campy and I'm thinking of buying these "just because" they're so damn cheap for the parts bin.

The Athena carbon crankset (compact) is also on sale for $199.95

mmmm... shifters and crankset for 300 bucks is a steal right now for 11 speed.
They must have just added the crankset, I didn't see that earlier. I think the Athena 11 FD is about $30 (last time I checked) which is better than Ribble (UK) pricing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Word on the street is that the 11speed Campy will drive 9speed Shimano... although I'm not sure if it will work as well as the 10speed Campy driving 8speed Shimano (or 9speed via "hubbub" method of alt. cable).
Too bad it is a Power-Shift, not Ultra-Shift. Although they have Veloce 10 Ultrashift for $159.00.
Please report back ASAP. I use 10 speed Campy with "hubbub" 9-speed Shimano and it is fine.
I also use 10 speed Campy with 10 speed conversion Shimano hub cassette.

·
HERKWO
726 Posts
One could put together an entire 8 piece group buying these shifters and the remaining items with Ribble's Campy sale for ~$670 shipped.

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks as if the deal is over... Price is back up to $178.
Even that was good... considering it's now at $240.

Amazon is known for price fluctuations... if they had it low once, it will be low again until they sell their stock. I suggest that anyone interested in these shifters add them to their Amazon Cart (which will automatically update the price any time it changes for better or worse). I bought a kitchen stand mixer based on a price found at SlickDeals... but I had to wait a few weeks before the price went back to the lowest level. Keep an eye peeled until the price is right (again).

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Lost in Space...
3,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
633 Posts
Good deal!
I wonder if I could use them on a 10 or 9 speed drive-trains Campy or Shimano ?
Campagnolo 11 works with Campagnolo 10 rear and shimano 10 cassette. I'm personally running this setup.

Campagnolo 11 also works with Shimano 8/9/10 rear and shimano 9 cassettes.

Campagnolo 10 works with Campagnolo 10 rear and shimano 9 cassettes. I'm also personally running this setup.

Too bad powershift sucks, there's no trimming on the front and no multiple downshift on the rear (Shimano and Sram folks won't notice the difference on powershift cause Shimano and Sram doesn't have multiple downshifts). The powertorque cranks require some retarded tools.

I bought Chorus 11 for $210 at ribbles over a year ago and I much rather spend a little more to get all the features of Chorus. Spending any more than Chorus is also lame because all the internal between Chorus, Record, and Super Record shifters are all the same, except the carbon lever.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.