Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I acquired a road frame with english threading in the bottom bracket.

In doing a little research and asking questions-it seems that the correct bottom bracket to put in that frame is 68 mm x 102mm. I measured the bottom bracket shell and it is indeed 68.

In pulling components off an Italian threaded frame I measured the spindle length at 111 ?mm.

I'd hate to order the wrong BB.......

Is 68 x 102 correct?

I do understand that Italian BB shells are 70mm and maybe thats why the italian spindle has to be the longer length.

Much thanks

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
not related

thevalvesource said:
I acquired a road frame with english threading in the bottom bracket.

In doing a little research and asking questions-it seems that the correct bottom bracket to put in that frame is 68 mm x 102mm. I measured the bottom bracket shell and it is indeed 68.

In pulling components off an Italian threaded frame I measured the spindle length at 111 ?mm.

I'd hate to order the wrong BB.......

Is 68 x 102 correct?

I do understand that Italian BB shells are 70mm and maybe thats why the italian spindle has to be the longer length.

Much thanks
spindle length and Italian vs English BB are not related. You use the same cranks regardles of the BB. The spindle length is related to the cranks you use. In the past the lower end Campy groups used a loner spindle that did Chorus/Record. Check what your cranks expect

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
That's right- record and chorus cranksets use a 102; the others use 111, and in some cases a 115.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts