Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you go with the Bora's, check out www.11speed.com. You may already have heard of them -- there are multiple posts about them over in "Hot Deals." They're in Italy, their prices on Campy stuff are frequently better or way better then anything you can get here in the US or even in Europe, and as the posts in that forum may indicate, they have many satisfied customers here (myself included). Looks like their current price on the 2005 model is 1,822 (I'm not a potential Bora buyer, so I don't know if that's good or not). I don't see a listing for the 2006 model, though you might ask them directly -- they answered my emails pretty quickly.

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
Have you considered Fulcrum Racing Speed wheels? I've used Boras for a while now and can tell you that they're very durable particularly considering how light they are. Boras have a stronger rim and better hubs than Zipp.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fulcrums

I understand that the Fulcrums are made by Campy. I don't think there is much of a price advantage? Is there a difference to the wheel or just rebranding? I like the look of the Campy's but the price is steep.

Thanks for info.

bbb

·
Self-Banned
16,907 Posts
triple b said:
I understand that the Fulcrums are made by Campy. I don't think there is much of a price advantage? Is there a difference to the wheel or just rebranding? I like the look of the Campy's but the price is steep.

Thanks for info.

bbb

They're basically the same but Fulcrums don't have the fancy carbon hub shells and the rear isn't laced with the G3 spoke pattern. Depending on where you buy you may find '06 Fulcrums for bit less than '06 Boras if the carbon hub shells aren't important to you. '06 Racing Speeds are even $20 less than '05 Boras at 11 Speed. Regarding Campy vs Zipp the overall quality advantage of the Campy seems to be the primary issue as compaired to esthetics. No doubt the Boras look fantastic though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.