Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been so not riding that I forgot that I kluged my Colnago assembly last year.

The problem was rear Chorus brake--even with an aftermarket "long" bolt, I couldn't get the threads to catch on the rear--CF B-Stay. I had a Centaur brake body that for some reason I was able to get the threads to catch...

Anyone know what lengths you can get the aftermarket allen bolts in, or source for same?

Did Colnago ship these with a special bolt?

Cheers,
Dean

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Probably answered my own question--Total Cycling has "Lightening bolts" in titanium; 25mm which they say fits most of the CF frames--but I'm pretty sure this is the length I've tried, and a 35mm which they say will fit the new Star 1.125 cf fork, so I'll give that a try.:D

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
Buy a few in different lengths, they always come in handy. Most new frames will come with a bolt if the crown is particularly deep.

·
chamois creme addict
1,479 Posts
My Colnago EP came with a long Ti nut for the rear brake, and I used a regular Record rear brake caliper. I can measure the nut later, but I would guess it is 25 mm.

·
Boobies!
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eric_H said:
My Colnago EP came with a long Ti nut for the rear brake, and I used a regular Record rear brake caliper. I can measure the nut later, but I would guess it is 25 mm.
That would be great--this is a CT-1 that I purchased used, so no sign of any special bolt included...

Cheers,
Dean

1 - 5 of 5 Posts