Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I am TOTALLY unfamiliar with braze on derailleurs. I am trying to figure out if the derailleur comes with adapter or if I need to find one separately? I would assume Campy and Shimano are different. I need a Campy but the only adapters I can find are clamp on....and i can't use that. Where would I look?
Thanks

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
uzziefly said:
You're evil for teasing with the shot of that frame! It's the new one you're building up right? I forgot which one it was but I do know you were working on something.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say.
yep...that be it.......I should have the brake calipers tomorrow or Friday (Veloce), then I can test ride it. I have the old mirage shifters and rear on it and the wheels from the Bianchi for now. I got Cheapie cables and stuck the 112 mm sekai BB on it and torqued the OLD Campy crankset onto it, it will work for temp, I am not concerned with damaging either the BB or crankset, they are "sacrificial" in this case. (Rings are not ramped or pinned)

I'll post better and more pictures after I get the brakes on it, the loose cable ends are unsightly as are the un-taped bars...lol

I need to RIDE it to see if it is going to work, but so far it feels good on the trainer.

TooMany....thanks man.......'preciate it.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
You're evil for teasing with the shot of that frame! It's the new one you're building up right? I forgot which one it was but I do know you were working on something.

Other than that, I have nothing else to say.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FatTireFred said:
looks like that frame is missing the rivetted-on mount...
not riveted, I don't think. The holes are threaded inside.I emailed Trek to see about getting one.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
YIKES....all the post order is screwed up again!!!!!!!

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Touch0Gray said:
yep...that be it.......I should have the brake calipers tomorrow or Friday (Veloce), then I can test ride it. I have the old mirage shifters and rear on it and the wheels from the Bianchi for now. I got Cheapie cables and stuck the 112 mm sekai BB on it and torqued the OLD Campy crankset onto it, it will work for temp, I am not concerned with damaging either the BB or crankset, they are "sacrificial" in this case. (Rings are not ramped or pinned)

I'll post better and more pictures after I get the brakes on it, the loose cable ends are unsightly as are the un-taped bars...lol

I need to RIDE it to see if it is going to work, but so far it feels good on the trainer.

TooMany....thanks man.......'preciate it.
At least you can build your bike up. I'm stuck with my bars and clip ons now that the damn shifters can't be removed (the expansion wedge for the bar ends).

Gotta take it to the store to have them work on it and finally put my new cockpit on and give it a nice run tomorrow before I fly out for the week.

//I realized how shifting the brackets for the arm pads can scratch carbon clip ons!! D'oh! Oh well, that's what bar tape/electrical tape is for I suppose :D

Waiting for your pictures alright (damn right you better post them in the 'regular' place. You know where that is!)

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
looks like that frame is missing the rivetted-on mount...

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks kids....and never mind, it just became a non issue, the mounting plate is available at the Trek Store for the grand total of 6 bucks.......it'll cost me more to go get it than it costs!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
so trek fiqured out how to sell another part, even one built for specific manufactuers, shimano, campy or sram. way to spend engineering dollars, make bike MORE complicated.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cmg said:
so trek fiqured out how to sell another part, even one built for specific manufactuers, shimano, campy or sram. way to spend engineering dollars, make bike MORE complicated.
I was told it was universal to any braze on front derailleur.
I keep tripping on sh!t trying to get this done, My brakes came BUT...the recessed hex nuts that came are too short, SO......back to the phone....Trek store has them in all kinds of longer lengths. I am guessing I will have a whole shopping list by the time I get to Madison on Friday....lol

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cmg said:

I wanted to add, Yellow Jersey has an after market piece that will work, for Trek and Kestrals, there price 36 bucks......Treks.....6, and the way I see it any big tubed carbon frame with a riveted braze on (Look, and a LOT of others) would need it in case a replacement was necessary for some reason.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.