Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search and it came up with some conflicting posts so I thought that I would ask again (since those were kind of old posts anyway) to see if there is a definitive response. What's the verdict on using a Campy hub/cassette with SRAM shifters and derailleurs? Thanks in advance and apologies for any re-asking of this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a campy hub/cassette that i use on my cross bike that has sram shifters/derailleurs. It requires some adjusting to get it shifting right but I don't have any problems with it once i set it up. I did get a veloce cassette since it as replaceable spacers and i could change the spacing if needed but i haven't needed to.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Tamu8104 said:
I have a campy hub/cassette that i use on my cross bike that has sram shifters/derailleurs. It requires some adjusting to get it shifting right but I don't have any problems with it once i set it up. I did get a veloce cassette since it as replaceable spacers and i could change the spacing if needed but i haven't needed to.
I have a 10-speed campy equipped bike, but am thinking about getting a new wheelset. Shimano freehubs are so much easier and cheaper. Can I just use the spacers from my veloce cassette to use with like an ultegra cassette? I think the ultegra cassettes have 2- pairs of cogs with the rest being singles. Any one have experience with this? THanks.

·
Rocket Scientist
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tamu8104 said:
Awesome. Thanks a lot.

I actually got to try it on the stand last night on someone else's bike and it seemed to work with no problem. I would think that with a little adjustment, it would be fine. I will probably use a campy chain, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.