Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I've got to get in shape.
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my Campagnolo Centaur Compact crankset from ProBikeKit.com. For about $140.00 (according to today's exchange rate, actually $141.45), I bought not only the crankset but also the bottom bracket and that includes shipping.

By way of comparison, Competitive Cyclist has just the crank for $160.00.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I hope that $140 includes the Centaur bottom bracket, because I just received mine from totalcycling.com today, for $91.00. Regardless, I'm sure that you'll love it. I'm impressed with the finish of the crank esp. the rings and hardware. Seems a reasonable weight for the money also. Can't wait to finish the build!! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sorry I misunderstood...That is a great price!..I think my total with the same parts was $160.00...What are your impressions of the crank?..I really like the look of it...But, I've always preferred silver parts to black or carbon.

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
foggypeake said:
I just received my Campagnolo Centaur Compact crankset from ProBikeKit.com. For about $140.00 (according to today's exchange rate, actually $141.45), I bought not only the crankset but also the bottom bracket and that includes shipping.

By way of comparison, Competitive Cyclist has just the crank for $160.00.

back in the day, "crankset" meant crank (with chainrings) + BB... kinda like frameset = frame + fork

1 - 5 of 5 Posts