Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
totalcycling.com - Took 4 days to show up, best price by a country mile.

The new(ish) centaur bottom bracket is just as nice as the Chorus one. About 5 grams more as the spindle is longer. Although you may read differently, due to taper & fit, Qfactor is the same between this crank and record/chorus.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
How is your Centaur Crankset so far?

snowbound said:
totalcycling.com - Took 4 days to show up, best price by a country mile.

The new(ish) centaur bottom bracket is just as nice as the Chorus one. About 5 grams more as the spindle is longer. Although you may read differently, due to taper & fit, Qfactor is the same between this crank and record/chorus.
Thinking of getting a Look 550 with the Centaur compact crankset option. Howza ride with it so far?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DoubleT said:
Thinking of getting a Look 550 with the Centaur compact crankset option. Howza ride with it so far?

A lot of snow here currently, so I've only put about 50 miles on it. Chainrings are nice, shifting is smooth for such a large ring difference. The carbon is pretty, and a bit lighter, but I don't think there is any other performance issue from the alloy one. Now that the Centaur BB is essentially the same as the Chorus I don't see much reason to go up from it. The other centaur parts are fantastic as well by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
snowbound said:
A lot of snow here currently, so I've only put about 50 miles on it. Chainrings are nice, shifting is smooth for such a large ring difference. The carbon is pretty, and a bit lighter, but I don't think there is any other performance issue from the alloy one. Now that the Centaur BB is essentially the same as the Chorus I don't see much reason to go up from it. The other centaur parts are fantastic as well by the way.
Thanks for the info! Snow and brutal cold up here in OntariOOO! Had to look in google to see where the heck Truckee was. How long are the winters there?
Only decision detering me from getting the Look bike is that the taxes up here hurt. I'm looking at 600 cdn in taxes.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top