Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm looking to get a build kit for my new bike, campy... planning on chorus shifters and crank, centaur for the rest of the build... assuming that all campy parts are compatable (canuaur and chorus will have not issues) sorry, pretty stupid question, but i've only run shimano in the past and really know nothing of campy...

also, if i decide to run a different crank, are most compatable with campy? ie, FSA SL-K carbon cranks and the like? I think i'd like carbon, but the campy cranks are a little out of my range at this point...

thanks for hte info...

·
Every little counts...
3,924 Posts
All should be fine. Once you get your Chorus cranks, you won't need to change. One thing you can't mix is cranks and BBs. Centaur and Chorus use different spindle lengths.

Most 10 speed spec'd cranks are compatable with campy drivetrains, should not be a problem.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Campy works just fine with FSA

I have Veloce and Chorus bikes running FSA cranksets and they work great. No issues. FSA runs a "compromise" spacing for their rings that is supposed to split the Campy and Shimano spacing, but you need a micrometer to tell the difference.

I also checked, and the chainline for the FSA is the same as the chainline for the Chorus cranks I looked at but decided against.

Put 'em on and enjoy!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Spunout said:
All should be fine. Once you get your Chorus cranks, you won't need to change. One thing you can't mix is cranks and BBs. Centaur and Chorus use different spindle lengths.

Most 10 speed spec'd cranks are compatable with campy drivetrains, should not be a problem.
bingo. Your plan is similar to what i have, but i also have record alloy cranks. To be more thorough, the chorus and record doubles need the record or chorus 102mm asymmetrical BB, and triples require the asymmetrical 111mm. On the other hand, centaur and below use the same symmetrical 111mm version for doubles and 115mm for triples. What you're suggesting makes sense since the reputation of the centaur BB isn't s'posed to be great. Haven't used one myself though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts