Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a bit curious about changing to campy on some parts on my bike. I love my bike the frame , the way it rides and almost evrything. I just want the nice campy look you get with handlebar( hidden cables) and thumg shift ,clean look. My bike is full ultegra equipped.
I want to change the shifters and derailleurs to campy chorus or centaur.
My question is to know will i be able to keep the remaining parts on my bike ie the brakes, cranks and all. Will i have to get the whole grouppo.
Can i just get the shifters and derailleurs with my ultegra parts?Will they be compatible.
If not how much would the grouppo cost centaur and chorus.
Any help will be appreciated

·
Big is relative
11,901 Posts
What you listed will work together. The only issue will be wheels and cassettes. You will have to use a Jtek shiftmate or conversion cassettes (Wheels Manf or American Classic) to use your shimano wheels. FYI, campy brakes don't go well with shimano levers. The campy quick release is in the brake lever vice on the brake like shimano. Campy levers and shimano brakes are fine (but poor asthetically).

IMO, go all or nothing. Nothing wrong with shimaNo, but an all Campy drivetrain with campy brakes is a nice look. It sounds like you really enjoy your bike, you should like the way it looks too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.