Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a crown race for a newer Campy headset. I'm in Boulder and went to Excel and Vecchio's and neither had one. Any thoughts - either local or online? Thanks. S

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Campy USA or Branford Bike

Campy's in CA at 760 931 0106. Do a search for Branford Bike.

·
BikerFox Wannabe
696 Posts
You can get the part at any LBS...

...that uses Quality Bicycle Parts as a supplier. (That's about 97% of shops in the U.S....) They'll likely have to order it and it won't be cheap. Nothing of Campagnolo's is ever cheap. It's part of their mistique.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Should be able to go direct as well

zero85ZEN said:
...that uses Quality Bicycle Parts as a supplier. (That's about 97% of shops in the U.S....) They'll likely have to order it and it won't be cheap. Nothing of Campagnolo's is ever cheap. It's part of their mistique.
In addition to the Campy USA, QBP is one of the authorised Campy Service Centers. Not everything's expensive, just most of the stuff. I just bought a UT-HU090 freehub tool and it was £1.95. Not bad considering that you can keep all three freehub pawls loaded against their springs while inserting the casette body into the hub. Okay, the pawl springs were £1.33 each which is a complete rip-off but hey, Breva Italia.

That funny tool beneath is to hold the Shamal spokes, or any flat spoke, without windup as you tighten up the nut for truing. Another bargain at £5.95, not. Well, at least the stuff's well made although the freehub tool looks like...... All stuff from their Service Center in the UK, Italian Cycle Products. Operates only by phone and snail mail but I mailed the letter Monday and received the goods on Wednesday. Go figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts