Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few questions for the experts and/or the experienced....

1. Do all campy model chainrings swap? I know the CT 110 bolt pattern has one offset so think I can only use Campy or TA rings, but can I use veloce rings on a record crankset for example?
2. Will a 9sp ring work with a 10sp system? You can buy a new old stock veloce 9sp ct crankset, with rings for the cost of a single record ring (use those rings and donate the crank with my old rings to the local kids). Question is shifting effect and longevity assuming the bolt pattern is compatible.
3. My last experience with TA was years ago with 144's. Any current users out there?

I have a record 10 ct square taper crankset and am considering new rings due to wear and finish deterioration. LBS only seems to know what's in the catalog.....Campy website no help (how dare we mix models!!!!) so it's up to the forum as usual.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
9 and 10 sp rings bolt up to the same spyder. Problem is 10 sp rings are scalloped and push the rings closer together. That kept Campy from having to tool up and make a separate spyder. Just buy the Veloce 10 sp crank and the rings will bolt right on. Veloce rings are stamped. Chorus and Record rings are machined. They will be smoother shifting initially. After some miles the Veloce will break in and the difference will be minimal. Good luck

·
Registered
529 Posts
TA makes ring to fit Campy

I have TA chainrings on all my road bikes. I have no need for a 53 ring and TA has a full range of colors and sizes. I have not noticed any problems with shifting. The 135 is sold as Vento and the CT as Nerius. Total Cycling, Wiggle and XXCycle all carry TA rings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.