Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
2,767 Posts
uscsig51 said:
Would it be tabo to have a set of Eurus wheels on a bike with full Shimano Dura-Ace group?
No, and the Campy heads thought of that when they decided to make freehubs that work with Shimano.

FWIW, Campy also realized that some putzes get their panties all knotted up when considering putting Campy and Shimano stuff together.....so they came up w/ Fulcrum wheels: Campy wheels w/ a different name so that Shimano riders can feel better about themselves when they put 'em on their bikes.

· Big is relative
11,901 Posts
I wish shimaNo would swing both ways like campy. I kind of like the 600 wheelset, almost like the dura ace set without the word "dura ace" all over it. I use an amclassic 10 speed cassette on my old shimano wheels and it is adequate, just not as smooth shifting as a campy cassette would have. I guess shimano took the step to make all their groups interchangeable 4-5 years ago, maybe wheels with campy freehubs are next. Baby steps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.