Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 Set of Zipp 404's. The rear hub is black in color. I also purchased a Campy Free Hub body because My Tri Bike is Shimano and my Rd bike is Campy 10. However the new Free Hub body that Helen's sold me does not fit. The inside dia and outside dia is wrong. So I spent 2 hours at helens waiting while Wilbur went through every Zipp Campy free hub body and could not get one to fit?????????????? Help!

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
spike67 said:
I just purchased a 2004 Set of Zipp 404's. The rear hub is black in color. I also purchased a Campy Free Hub body because My Tri Bike is Shimano and my Rd bike is Campy 10. However the new Free Hub body that Helen's sold me does not fit. The inside dia and outside dia is wrong. So I spent 2 hours at helens waiting while Wilbur went through every Zipp Campy free hub body and could not get one to fit?????????????? Help!
The black hubs are the older ones, it sounds like you got a freehub body for the new/er hubs, the silver ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I thought it was the older one. Hence the reason they were on sale. However the people at Zipp said that all from 2002 to 2005 were compatible?

FTF said:
The black hubs are the older ones, it sounds like you got a freehub body for the new/er hubs, the silver ones.

·
Registered
804 Posts
spike67 said:
Yes, I thought it was the older one. Hence the reason they were on sale. However the people at Zipp said that all from 2002 to 2005 were compatible?
My 2002 Zipps had silver hubs that look like the current models. The 01 hubs were black and different in design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts