Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there,

I just heard a rumor that Campy does not recogmend riders over 180 lbs using there hubs. I was thinking about the new Eurus. Can anyone Substantiate this claim?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Campy Eurus

bigwaves said:
HI there,

I just heard a rumor that Campy does not recogmend riders over 180 lbs using there hubs. I was thinking about the new Eurus. Can anyone Substantiate this claim?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I've had a pair of Euru's for 2 years & put about 12k miles on 'em. They are as true as when I biught them. I weigh 180 & while I don't race I do the local training rides.
as far as I'm concerned, they are a GREAT set of wheels.
They are the only set of wheels I've ever had that have not needed to be trued at all in 2 years time.

JimPz

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hubs Rims Or Both?

Are you talking about hubs or rims, I ride Chorus hubs and they are fine, I am 200lbs

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
It's just a precautionary margin they've put on their products. If you go through their Q&A you'll see the figure 80kg (176lbs) mentioned regularly and that anyone heavier should consult their mechanic before using Campagnolo products.

In my MTB experience the durability of products depends greatly on how an individual treats them. Some lightweight guys can't stop breaking stuff and others who weight twice as much hardly break anything at all. However, if you both belong to the break and heavy groups you got a big problem.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think the spindly looking factory built wheels would be at risk but not the hubs.

I've been on 32 hole Campag hubs for quite some time now and they easily cope with my chunky but muscular 200lbs. Thinking about it, so do my Mavic Cosmos and Ksyrium Elites.

·
Administrator
12,977 Posts
3+ seasons on a set of Record hubs over that weight- zero issues.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Campy also has a problem with you, if you use their track hubs on a fixed gear bike on the road. Outside on the track is alright, but if you use them on the road, and a flange breaks, you're SOL.
It's not that Campy parts are weak, it's just that Campy wants to cover their a$$ under all situations.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts