Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just rebuilding a wheel on a Campy Record 10 rear hub. I just had to say - man, that hub is beautiful! There, got that out of my system.

I wish they made mtb hubs. xtr would get flushed, and they'd be giving King a good run for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I love my Campy Hubs ...

I just had Mike @ Odds & Endos rebuild my rear Record Hub. I weighed the hub before sending it to him - 250 grams. The best part is how easy it is to rebuild/adjust this hub. You will get years of use out of this thing.

The rebuilt wheel with a Velocity Aerohead OC rim and CX-Ray spokes came in at 825 grams. There are not many lighter wheels out there that could match the durability of this wheel. It cost me about $110 for rim, spokes. rebuild & shipping. Try that with your factory buit wheel.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JBF said:
I just had Mike @ Odds & Endos rebuild my rear Record Hub. I weighed the hub before sending it to him - 250 grams. The best part is how easy it is to rebuild/adjust this hub. You will get years of use out of this thing.

The rebuilt wheel with a Velocity Aerohead OC rim and CX-Ray spokes came in at 825 grams. There are not many lighter wheels out there that could match the durability of this wheel. It cost me about $110 for rim, spokes. rebuild & shipping. Try that with your factory buit wheel.
Wow - that is an excellent price for a rebuild with those spokes. I'll keep that in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts