Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a set of Campy Hyperon tubulars on Ebay right now. They're brand new and have a "Buy It Now" price of only $1,399. That's a lot of money, but not when you consider what these wheels normally sell for. I'm debating whether or not to get these wheels, but I'm not sure if they would suit my riding needs. Are these primarily a "climbing" wheel or could you use these for road races? Most of my races take place in Indiana and Michigan, which I would consider vertically challenged states. The other wheelset I'm considering are Reynolds Stratus tubulars. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
It's your money

prs77 said:
There's a set of Campy Hyperon tubulars on Ebay right now. They're brand new and have a "Buy It Now" price of only $1,399. That's a lot of money, but not when you consider what these wheels normally sell for. I'm debating whether or not to get these wheels, but I'm not sure if they would suit my riding needs. Are these primarily a "climbing" wheel or could you use these for road races? Most of my races take place in Indiana and Michigan, which I would consider vertically challenged states. The other wheelset I'm considering are Reynolds Stratus tubulars. Thanks.
Sure they will suit your needs. Whether they are worth the price is a decision only you can make. If you're not consistently on the podium and rapidly upgrading to the next category, then the wheels are not going to make or break your racing career.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Kerry Irons said:
Sure they will suit your needs. Whether they are worth the price is a decision only you can make. If you're not consistently on the podium and rapidly upgrading to the next category, then the wheels are not going to make or break your racing career.
They may not turn you into a pro but the are fun to ride. Note that the more fit you are the more you will notice the rewards of these wheels. Do not get them if these are going to be your only wheels and like to hop curbs:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts