Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what those weird little thumb-sized levers sticking out of the sides of campy shifters/ergolevers are used for. I don't know anything about Campagnolo stuff so this may sound like a silly question. Are they used to shift in one direction while the 'normal' longer levers on the brake lever part are used to shift in the other direction?

Also I looked at a diagram which seemed like they were used for part of the installation too, but I am not totally sure.

picture below:

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
32,328 Posts
ProsperityRed said:
I was wondering what those weird little thumb-sized levers sticking out of the sides of campy shifters/ergolevers are used for. I don't know anything about Campagnolo stuff so this may sound like a silly question. Are they used to shift in one direction while the 'normal' longer levers on the brake lever part are used to shift in the other direction?

Also I looked at a diagram which seemed like they were used for part of the installation too, but I am not totally sure.

picture below:
Yep.

Thumb toggle gets you a smaller diameter gear

The paddle behind the break lever gets you a larger diameter gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.