Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just picked up a used Bianchi Eros with Campy Mirage brakes and 700x25 tires. Maybe I'm blind but I'm trying to figure out how to open up the front brake calipers far enough to easily remove the front wheel. I've always had Shimano brakes with the lever that you flip in order to open up the calipers.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21,832 Posts
two points

Bridlemile said:
Maybe I'm blind but I'm trying to figure out how to open up the front brake calipers far enough to easily remove the front wheel. I've always had Shimano brakes with the lever that you flip in order to open up the calipers.
The Campy brake release is a button on the side of the lever near where it enters the hood. You push it in with the lever partly pulled and the lever can open up more. Visual inspection will be illuminating.

The secont point is that in most cases, you really can leave the brakes adjusted so that you can pop the wheel without the brake QR. I like to have my brakes set so that I can pull them nearly to the bar in a hard stop. I find this gives a lot more modulation, and allows you to apply a lot more power. Your wife, presuming smaller hands, may like this too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.