Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of Mavic wheels with a Shimano compatible hub. I am about to swap to a full Campy group. Can I keep my Mavics? Is there some sort of adaptor to use a campy cassette on a shimano compatible hub - or is this impossible?

G

·
The search function is wonderful.

1) You can chnage the freehub body on the wheels.

2) You can use a conversion cassette such as American Classic or Wheels MAnufacturing.

3) You can use a Jtek Shiftmate.

I have used both conversion cassettes and Jtek's extensively. Set up properly, they work like a charm and you will never know you have mixed and matched.

· Registered
329 Posts
+1 on the Jtek.

I was skeptical at first, but it works very well (only have a few hundred miles on it so far).

I would be interested to hear from people who have many many miles on one, but it would seem that there would be little wear/diminished performance with an aged Jtek.

One other plug for this gadget is the cost savings you get with Shimano cassettes. Perhaps the Campy durability is better (I do not know), but the lower cost of a Shimano cassette vs. Campy is very attractive to me!

· Steaming piles of opinion
10,520 Posts
unit said:
+1 on the Jtek.

I was skeptical at first, but it works very well (only have a few hundred miles on it so far).

I would be interested to hear from people who have many many miles on one, but it would seem that there would be little wear/diminished performance with an aged Jtek.

One other plug for this gadget is the cost savings you get with Shimano cassettes. Perhaps the Campy durability is better (I do not know), but the lower cost of a Shimano cassette vs. Campy is very attractive to me!
3K plus on mine, not so much as a quarter-turn of an adjuster needed. I use mine to run Campy shifters against a Shimano drivetrain. Perfection.

Shimano compatible cassettes are also available in a wider range of gearing choices, for what that's worth.

· n00bsauce
13,627 Posts
Probably the least painful (as in amount of work) is a conversion cassette. My American Classic works like a charm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.