Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my uncle sent me this old track frame he built up in the mid seventies when he use to race for the Trek factory team in Wisconsin, back when it was a one shop deal. I had it powdercoated and clean up cosmetically very nice, but had problems finding a chainring that would fit the vintage campy pista crankset. I measured the bcd, and obviously measured wrong thinking they were 144, and of course, pista engraved on the inside of the crank arm, must be a 144! Buy a 144, its too small, the shop I get it from are puzzled and have never had a case like it. I ask how much to order one? For a true campy 150, 200 dollars for the chainring itself!! I was blown away, so instead of doing the vintage restore, I went modern and purchased the sugino 75 200 set (Im a student, gimme a break). The bike turned out excellent and is a blast to ride. But the chainring, the head mechanic at the shop told me since its such a rare and mint crankset, I could get possibly 5-600 dollars on ebay for it. Just seeing if anyone else here has heard of the 150 track crankset before?

·
duh...
9,658 Posts
151 is from the 60s... you should be able to get a non-Campy chainring for <$200 (do they still make 'em???), maybe $100

·
Registered
598 Posts
They can be had on eBay...

FYI, I sold a Campy Pista 151 BCD crankset w/48T chainring that was in very nice condition on eBay two years ago for around $130. If you keep your eyes open, they pop up.

As a matter of fact, there are 5 151 BCD rings on eBay as we speak...4 Campy and 1 Sugino. All currently rather cheap.

Unless they're NIB, I don't think you're going to get $500-600 for them. But stranger things have happened, and people blow their money on the strangest things.

Brooks K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts