Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wanted to ask if $1700 is a reasonanble price to pay on brand new Campy Record groupset 2008 10 speed
Or
$1200 on brand new Campy Chorus 2008 10 speed

Both groups include:
Bottom bracket
Cranks
Chain
cassette
QS shifters
Front derailleur
Rear derailleur
Breaks
Cables

Thanks

·
Registered
484 Posts
No, it's too cheap... I'll wait for the 11spd super record, which is rumored to be around $4k.

Next couple months, I would expect shops to discount and offload their '08 campy inventory and make room for the next best thing.

·
Registered
10,161 Posts
super record...

Super record will only be priced 17% higher than the current Record group, Record will drop 2% and Chorus will remain the same. What stores actually try to charge for the groups might be different.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If you don't know, there is a totally new Campy line coming out this summer- with 11sp. And a new DA line coming out with electronic shifting. If I were you, I would wait and get the '08 when in DEEP discount.

(OR GET THE NEW STUFF>..... shhhhhh.... I didn't say it!)

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
C-40 said:
Super record will only be priced 17% higher than the current Record group, Record will drop 2% and Chorus will remain the same. What stores actually try to charge for the groups might be different.
That's the word.
And if it's true and Super Record comes in at less than $2k for the 8pc group, then I will have one this winter. (When I get my work bonus).

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dinosaur said:
Is this from an LBS or online? You have to compute in tax and shipping if online.

Excel Sports prices the Campy Record group at $1729, Chorus $1295. No tax, just shipping.
Actually its on ebay and the store is called Eurobike parts somewhere in the state if Illinois.
I live in Canada so I will probably have to add import duties and/or taxes to that.
Shipping charges are insignificant when considering a $1200 purchase.

·
Fly on a windshield
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kestreljr said:
If you don't know, there is a totally new Campy line coming out this summer- with 11sp. And a new DA line coming out with electronic shifting. If I were you, I would wait and get the '08 when in DEEP discount.

(OR GET THE NEW STUFF>..... shhhhhh.... I didn't say it!)
I'll probably get the stuff over the winter. Hope to still find some brand new Campy 2008 groupsets at deeply discounted prices by then.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
MG537 said:
Actually its on ebay and the store is called Eurobike parts somewhere in the state if Illinois.
I live in Canada so I will probably have to add import duties and/or taxes to that.
Shipping charges are insignificant when considering a $1200 purchase.
Eurobikeparts is a great place to do business. I believe it's a one man store, guys name is Dominick. I have ordered all of my Campy stuff there. He responds very quickly, and if you order early in the day, I have found that he will have your product shipped that same day.

I bought a Record group from him in 2006 ($1549 :D). I ordered on a Wed and had it Fri morning, though I only live two states away.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.