Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be used as a training wheelset. The set is almost 2kg, so not light. How much should I pay for a 2005 model with 500miles, considering new I can get them for $350.
In general what % of retail price should you pay for a wheelset. I see used Ksyriums going for high prices on Ebay.
Thanks

· Registered
34 Posts
toronto-rider said:
Going to be used as a training wheelset. The set is almost 2kg, so not light. How much should I pay for a 2005 model with 500miles, considering new I can get them for $350.
In general what % of retail price should you pay for a wheelset. I see used Ksyriums going for high prices on Ebay.
Thanks
Weight is more like sub 1700g w/o skewers, like everybody weights them. My experience is, they are bombproof wheels. 500 miles is nothing. If they are in shape, $200-250.

· Registered
69 Posts
Best Bang-For-The Buck

Basically the Neutron wheels with Chorus instead of Record quality hubs........mine have been true as new with over a thousand miles on them thus far. This is a lovely set of wheels that won't let you down. The skewers on these wheels (basically any factory wheels), are better served as paper weights. Replace with some Zipp titanium, or the like and get the weight down big-time.

my 2 cents

· Registered
67 Posts
Another happy user here. Have 4000 miles on a set with no problems. I replaced the skewers with some Salsa ones that I already had. I agree with Bigfooter, I'd probably pay around $250 to maybe $275 if they are straight and true (which they should be).
Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.