Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Looking for my Amish Love
907 Posts
I would try adjusting your setup again. It should take 3-4 (3 on my ride) clicks to shift the Front D on a double. You say you have the centuar front D, as did I on one bike. I found that the shifting on the Centaur QS is far inferior to the chorus QS.

You said: "The QS derailleur has the cable bend over to the outside near the top and attach at about 30 degrees above horizontal." Are you referring to the little tab near the cable anchor bolt? The cable does not bend over that but goes inside of it. Look at the instruction .pdf & blow up the view to see more clearly how to attach the cable.

·
907 Posts
Eric_H said:
I had a look at the PDFs of the derailleur, but they are pretty much sketches and don't show the derailleur in detail. If you look at the derailleur from behind (at the anchor bolt but with the bolt removed), the little tab sits at roughly 8 o'clock. Above it is a groove that is obviously for the cable, it runs from 9 o'clock to 2 o'clock. So I definitely think the cable runs above the little tab and in the groove. I tried running it the other way and it definitely looked wrong.

QUOTE]
This picture sucks but I hope if sums up what I am trying to say about that little tab at 8 0'clock. 3 clicks is all it should take to shift front D.

·
907 Posts
The cable goes inbetween the tab and then is clamped by the bolt. The reason the groove is curved is that when you pull on the cable during installation, you pull it towards you on a horizontal plane to get the cable behind the bolt & line up in the groove.

If you pull the cable OVER the tab, it will fall off over time & then your cable tension will be too loose. The tab is there to provide an anchor to bend the cable against when you pull the cable during initial setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.