Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, does anyone know if a Campy rear hub and cassette will work as far as indexing with 105, 10 X 2 speed shifters and double ultegra crankset. Not sure of specifics of chain and cassette.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
info...

Campy cogs spacing is wider, at 4.15mm, compared to Shimano's 3.95mm. The accumulative error adds up to about 40% after 9 shifts.

Although some people mix the two, it works better the other way around, where a Campy drivetrain overshifts with a Shimano cassette.

You can use a J-tek shiftmate to correct the RD travel, but that's one more thing to buy.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
To paraphrase C-40's response - NO!

It will never function satisfactorily.

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
I use the American Classic conversion cassette; reasonably priced and work fine.

/ oops never mind, you're going the other direction. disregard. try the jtek.

·
Registered
52 Posts
In my experience 10 speed cassettes work fairly well with all three major shifters.

I have had to ride a loaner bike the past couple of weeks. The loaner is equipped with Sram force and my regular bike is Campy record 10. I have used both my regular campy 10 training wheel and race wheel and they both shift and work fine. My g-friend has ultegra 10 speed and I let her use my campy 10 race wheel in a crit this past weekend and it worked fine for her as well.

So well in fact she won the field sprint and came home with $444 big ones.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
You can replace the Campy freehub with a Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub for about $100 and then use a Shimano/SRAM cassette.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts