Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
732 Posts
Bloatedpig said:
What exactly is quick shift? I see just carbon cranksets....I hope they make the aluminum as well. The brakes kinda look like Zero Gravity to me.

Bloated
Seems like I heard somewhere that there would not be any alloy crank versions... I don't care for the brakes... not sure about the crankset either, what's with the hole? I have also never cared for stuff that says "ultra torque system" or "made in america" or whatever... Still better looking than new Shimano though.

· Registered
1,085 Posts
Bloatedpig said:
What exactly is quick shift?
My thoughts, too. Read on:

Shifters

Shifters internals from any group should be quite much improved to reduce the distance needed to upshift from 3 centimeters to 1 centimeters. They'll be named as QS standing for Quick Shift.
Some rumors tell that only RECORD and CHORUS shifters will still keep the current downshift thump button to drop as many gears as wanted. The others groups will only be able to drop one gear...

I was going to put DA 7800 (hey - it's really nice stuff!) on my new bike, but I think I'll be waiting for this. As far as letting the market sort it out, that's my plan for the Sram stuff. I'll consider that in a year or two...but I'll buy any Campy product in its first incarnation.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I personally dont think it looks any better than current Record--maybe worse. I think the SRAM stuff is definitely more visually appealing (if you can get past the bizarre lever bends). I ruled out 2007 Campy for my next component parts--SRAM is definitely more exciting.

· Banned
476 Posts
time to get record

this is the group that I want
this 2007 Record looks great

But reason to get 2006 stuff if I want 2007 -- Campy stuff can be had online for a great discount

I bet by January you can get the whole group for a very low price by shopping around

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.