Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha,

I was wondering if anyone has a good file (Manual) for repair of the Campy Record Shifter. 9 Speed. Seems the ratcheting mechanism is flaky.

Thanks in advance.

Aloha,
g

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
There are a few good videos on Youtube that show how to disassemble and reassemble your levers. If your nine speed levers are 98 or newer (rounded hoods, not pointy), the assembly is the same as ten speed. The only real difference is the index gear. Doing it yourself isn't that hard and the parts are available from www.branfordbike.com. You may only need G-springs since they are often the problem. If your levers feel worn, it is worth it to replace the index gear, G-springs, and spring carrier. You'll have it all apart anyway to replace the springs.

My commuter is campy nine.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
doesn't the branford site also have a tutorial on rebuilds?

·
Registered
10,160 Posts
Pm...

Send me a message with your e-mail address and I can send you my instructions. They pertain to 10 speed internals, but there's little difference. Some of the tricks include proper wind-up of the big coil spring. It's shown in the video, but not explained. I use a little different procedure to do the same thing. In the end, you should have a small fraction of a turn of wind-up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aloha,

Thanks so much for the information. I ended up going to youtube and following along with that video. It was a bit tedious the first time but in the end, was pretty straight forward.

Aloha,
g

1 - 6 of 6 Posts