Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow. looks like an overwhelming campy fan here. i'm tossing between the two just
because the sram group is a bit lighter. i'm a total weight weener.

on the side topic: i'm going to go with the clinchers. don't want to deal with the tubulars.
love the bora ultra but not something i would ride on the daily basis. narrowed down to
the reynolds mv32c carbon and the zipp 404 carbon. which would you choose? looks
like the zipp is faster and lighter. but it is not all-carbon like the reynolds.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Campy for me, but I have heard good things about the sram red.

I got the Reynolds Attacks and have gone through two truing on the rear wheel after only 700 miles. Ok, but not a great wheel. Don't know about the MV32c. And I have heard good things regarding the zipp 404.

·
Registered
86 Posts
this is so weird yet funny. So many people are so quick to preach how Pinarello's are made in China/Taiwan blah blah... insinuating they are no longer italian bikes but when asked what components to put on them they automatically say campy
I say put on whatever you like and feel comfortable with. Putting on campy just to be politically correct is old school. When i get my F4 in a few weeks it will be all DuraAce

·
aka Zoo
763 Posts
I'd say get Campy just based on price alone, you can get Campy Record components for about half the amount of SRAM Red if you know where to look (ie. PBK), SRAM Red is WAY over priced in my opinion, but that's just me. I do love their one piece cassettes though!

You can get Campy Record shifters for $275 at PBK, I don't think I've seen SRAM Red shifters sell for less than $500 so far.

·
Registered
18 Posts
breakaway said:
this is so weird yet funny. So many people are so quick to preach how Pinarello's are made in China/Taiwan blah blah... insinuating they are no longer italian bikes but when asked what components to put on them they automatically say campy
I say put on whatever you like and feel comfortable with. Putting on campy just to be politically correct is old school. When i get my F4 in a few weeks it will be all DuraAce
pinarello = japanese material + italian engineering!

http://www.pinarello.com/prince/

ps: no sram on a pina! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well. personally, i don't really care who makes it or where it is made. all i care is
if the product has the quality that i'm looking for. i'm not into the name brand bias.
if it's a good product, i'll pay good money for it. doesn't matter if it is "made in china".

sanzan said:

·
Registered
86 Posts
sanzan said:

blah, the only thing that us japanese is the one who's pushing the buttons on the machines. Oil drilled in Saudi Arabia is basically the same as oil drilled in Texas or in Alberta Canada.
All it is is just geography where the frames are physically made.
Why dont you preace to the ones who put campy on specialized frames???
ignorance..!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Campy!

Regarding the Zipp 404s...I wanted them on the Prince I just purchased but the 2009 Campy model (with much improved hubs) will not be out until the end of Feb. I ended up going with Campy Eurus wheels which I really like.

·
Registered
31 Posts
SRAM Red. Had Campy in the past. Decided to try something new and light. Love the lever action. Forget the BS about putting *** scrap on italian or whatever people want to say. Try both. They are different feeling. Good deals on SRAM Red.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.