Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I need new Bearings for my Record UT Cranset, Is a $20 upcharge worth it for Ceramic Bearings?

·
Banned
976 Posts
Well. . .

This stuff has been covered ad nauseam in various discussions. For the Campy's UT setup, I say for performance no, for less maintenance perhaps.

·
Registered
12,185 Posts
QQUIKM3 said:
This stuff has been covered ad nauseam in various discussions. For the Campy's UT setup, I say for performance no, for less maintenance perhaps.
And I will agree. The stock bearings that come with the UT crankset aren't sealed on both sides. That is the reason they get destroyed so easily. I destroyed my set of stock bearings in 2,500 miles, which was the maintenance interval for them. Since then, I have been using the Enduro ceramic bearings in my UT cranksets and haven't had a problem. I even swapped them out on brand new cranksets before I put them on the bike. So, from a maintenance standpoint, I would say the extra $20 is well worth it. From a performance standpoint, the extra $20 isn't worth it to me. So, I bought them for the ease of maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts