Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older (not too old) 8spd setup. I want to change rims. What (if any) aero style rims does one recommend I buy that will work with the 8spd? I'm a big guy so it's important that they're somewhat bullet proof, but I know my routes well and tend to avoid "surprises" in the road. I'm currently on Mavic's - the front took a hit several years ago.

Thanks in advance!

JR

· Registered
21,864 Posts
Campy?

mach5 said:
I have an older (not too old) 8spd setup. I want to change rims. What (if any) aero style rims does one recommend I buy that will work with the 8spd? I'm a big guy so it's important that they're somewhat bullet proof, but I know my routes well and tend to avoid "surprises" in the road. I'm currently on Mavic's - the front took a hit several years ago.
The rim you choose has nothing to do with whether you use Campy, Shimano, SRAM, or whatever. The rim you choose has nothing to do with whether you run 8, 9, or 10 speed. A solid deep section rim is the Velocity DeepV. MAVIC makes a similar rim (CXP 33).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.