·
Adorable Furry Hombre
31,664 Posts
Is it, what?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Apologies to you all for my poor - and obviously unintelligible - shorthand.

Let me start again.

in the photo above it shows my back wheel; several of the spokes of which are now not parallel. I am concerned that this is a fault, or worse, could be dangerous.

I've searched online for references to this but could not find anything relevant.

However - after I posted the above - I found several photos of campy back wheels (shamal as well as eurus and bora ultra two) on second hand bike sites that show the same misaligned spokes. So I am now starting to think it might be a common occurrence on campy wheels, but have no way of validating this, hence asking for your opinion.

Can you please tell me

* if you have had experience with this sort of phenomena - directly or indirectly
* if it is a problem I should be concerned about, and
* what I could or should do about it

Thanks!

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,669 Posts

Let me start again.

in the photo above it shows my back wheel; several of the spokes of which are now not parallel. I am concerned that this is a fault, or worse, could be dangerous.

I've searched online for references to this but could not find anything relevant.

However - after I posted the above - I found several photos of campy back wheels (shamal as well as eurus and bora ultra two) on second hand bike sites that show the same misaligned spokes. So I am now starting to think it might be a common occurrence on campy wheels, but have no way of validating this, hence asking for your opinion.

Can you please tell me

* if you have had experience with this sort of phenomena - directly or indirectly

Thanks!
you're serious, aren't you? the spokes are still parallel, it's the angle you're viewing the wheel from. look at it this way...if they were parallel when the wheel was new, and now(through magic, or some strange act of nature) they're not...how on earth would they get that way? they go from a fixed point on the rim to a fixed point on the hub.
think about it for a few seconds, it should become clear.

·
A wheelist
11,324 Posts
you're serious, aren't you? the spokes are still parallel, it's the angle you're viewing the wheel from. look at it this way...if they were parallel when the wheel was new, and now(through magic, or some strange act of nature) they're not...how on earth would they get that way? they go from a fixed point on the rim to a fixed point on the hub.
think about it for a few seconds, it should become clear.
Maybe those hubs have noodly barrels that twist. :D

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts

Let me start again.

Can you please tell me

Thanks!
The bladed spokes on my Zonda wheels twisted during the first year or so of riding. I put the wheel in a truing stand and essentially "untwisted" them so they were in parallel with the plane of the wheel.

·
'brifter' is f'ing stupid
15,669 Posts
The bladed spokes on my Zonda wheels twisted during the first year or so of riding. I put the wheel in a truing stand and essentially "untwisted" them so they were in parallel with the plane of the wheel.
question for the OP...are you talking about the this? the spokes being 'twisted'? when you say 'parallel' it means something completely different.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.